Thursday, April 29, 2010

Australia!

You know when you go on trips and you just crave food from home?

Well, I did not experience taste-realted-home-sickness during my time in Australia. I loved the produce there - almost everything is local due to strict quarantine rules. You can shop from markets more easily than visiting a (frowned-upon) supermarket. The approach to eating is less processed - across the board. Chain restaurants aren't popular and ethnic cuisine is on every corner. Authentic thai, halal butchers, fresh lebanese bread, flaky french pastries, and delicious coffee. Everywhere.

Australia may only conjure images of koalas and beaches, so I compiled images to illustrate the deliciousness I experienced. *I did take other photos of non-food items, btw!


Roasted pumpkin and feta on turkish bread with poached organic eggs. Sydney.


Fresh vegetables at the Victoria Markets. Melbourne.


Grilled lamb chops with cous-cous and butternut squash. Melbourne.


Lemon mojitos. Sunshine Coast.


Fish & Chips! Sydney (post 6 hour bike ride. no joke)


Lebanese Meat Pizza (Anthony Bourdain ate here!). Melbourne.


My knife skills! Melbourne.


Kangaroo Pizza. Kangaroo, btw, is a sustainable meat choice in Australia. Sydney.


Wine. Morning Peninsula.

No comments:

Post a Comment