Thursday, April 29, 2010

Addicted to tomatoes

Drool. When i saw this recipe on Smitten Kitchen's blog yesterday, I had a faint idea of the amazingness that slow-roasted tomatoes produce. Today, my taste buds delighted in the true glory of the tomato. Basically, when you slow-roast a tomato, you produce something similar to sun-dried tomato. Only, these are better! I'll never go back!

Seriously, these are like candy. Addictive crack-cocaine candy. I am salivating on the keys of my mac as I type. It took all my will power not to pop morsel after delicious morsel into my mouth before dinner. I can't wait to make these into a brushcetta or put them into my next pasta sauce. Or perhaps they'll accompany an omelet tomorrow? Who knows!



Slow-roasted cherry tomatoes


Ingredient
1 box of cherry tomatoes
Kosher salt
Finely ground pepper
Olive oil
**eassssyyy

Preparation

Preheat your oven to 225.

Cut tomatoes in half and arrange on parchment paper. Include a clove or 2 of garlic (I didn't have any!). Drizzle each tomato with a drop of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Roast for 3+ hours. I went grocery shopping and signed a lease for my new apartment and they STILL weren't done. Mine took about 3.5 hours.



Smitten Kitchen says you can store them in a jar in oil in your fridge. Other sources say you can freeze them too! Summer all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment